Monday, November 28, 2016
Winters Junior will compete in the District-East Zone UIL Meet on Thursday, December 1 & 8, 2016. The meet will be held at Eldorado ISD.
We will leave Winters at 9AM each day and return somewhere between 8 and 8:30 PM each evening. (The last event starts at 6 PM.) We will take a sack lunch from the cafeteria. I will also have $2-$3 for each child for snacks. We will stop in San Angelo on the way home to pick up a quick supper (paid for by the school). You may wish to send extra money with your child for additional snacks; as it is a long day for the kids.
We are very proud of our students and Winters Junior High School. How we dress and act is a direct reflection of our school, teachers, and students.
In keeping with our high standards for conduct at this District Meet we have the following dress code for our participants and alternates:
- Boys should wear nice jeans & belt with collared shirts. NO CAPS will be allowed.
- Girls should wear nice jeans with an appropriate fit and all tops must not be revealing and must be long enough to cover the mid-section without constantly being tugged down, prefer NO WRITING on the tops, NO FLIP-FLOPS—choose shoes appropriate for the attire that are also comfortable.
- Boys should wear a shirt and tie with dress pants (see me if you have an issue with pants)—NO TENNIS SHOES
- Girls should wear a non-revealing skirt or dress that reaches at least knee length if not longer or dress pants and top with closed toed shoes.
- Speakers may choose to change into these clothes before they compete, but must wear clothing as outlined for all other participants listed above.
- GIRLS—Your hair must be secured out of your face! Ponytails, French braids, or barrettes will be necessary for all of you. No bangs or hair will be allowed to obscure your face, NOR do we want you constantly pulling or brushing your hair out of your face.
- Students may bring portable music devices, iPods, etc., however they are completely responsible for their safety and upkeep.
- They may also bring blankets and pillows to rest in the cafeteria between events.
- Phones will be collected by a students’ JH UIL coach prior to entering an event for competition and returned after the event.
We are looking forward to another rewarding District Contest as our students and staff have been working diligently in preparation for this event.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns by either e-mailing me or calling the office and leaving a message. (email@example.com or 325.754.5518)
Deb Pritchard, Winters JH UIL Coordinator